Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Simple Re-do


                               BEFORE


 This is a simple make-over but with a big impact.
                                AFTER


The top had what appeared to be water damage.  
I sanded that smooth. 
On the other wood parts I gave it a light sanding just to "scuff" it up a bit so the paint would adhere as the wood had a shiny finish.
I wiped off the sawdust with a damp cloth and let it thoroughly dry.


I used a black "oops" paint by Sherwin Williams I bought for 5.00 a gallon.  
It is a semi-gloss, interior/exterior paint.  
The nice thing about this paint is that it has a built-in finish! 
I just rolled it on with one of those mini, touch-up rollers and used a brush to paint the parts the roller couldn't reach. 
It isn't my favorite paint finish for most projects but I figured it worked just fine for this piece as it may end up in  a bathroom (or not).....

Someone liked it as it sold in a couple of days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to view our blog! We are open to and would love to hear any comments or suggestions you may have for us so please share!