Sunday, February 10, 2013

Small Metal Repurposed Table BEFORE/AFTER

Here is what one of my "Repurposing" looks like.
I will take you through the process as I worked it out.

I found this (heavy) lamp base at a salvage store for under 5.00.  (I think 3.00)

  
I bought this tray tagged Ikea when I was visiting my children.  It came from Goodwill for 2.00 .  (I shipped it home in my suitcase!)

I thought the two should meet each other.

I don't remember if I took pictures of the process the first time, but I didn't find them.
I took the metal ring and the glass top off.  (I have an "idea" for those two pieces later.)
Then I cleaned the base and tray well and primed them (or at least the base-I forgot to prime the tray). 
{ I love Kilz spray primer!  It gives a good coat the first time.  It may be more expensive but I found I use less than other primers.   I also use it a lot and if you buy, I think it's 6, you get a better deal at Home Depot.}

I glued them together with Gorilla glue but found later that the base wasn't big enough, and so there wasn't a good connection/bond.  I (easily) broke the tray off. (FAIL)




I then added a wooden cutting board to make it more stable.  That is what you see in the picture. 


   









I then primed the bottom with automotive black primer (because it was closer to gray I guess) and then I spray painted the new parts with Rust-oleum Metallic Matte Nickel spray paint.  (Metals are in this year!)
And here it is finished.  This isn't the best picture but I get excited to take things to the store and forget to take "afters".




 BEFORE                                                                                                                                   AFTER


                      And there you go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to view our blog! We are open to and would love to hear any comments or suggestions you may have for us so please share!