Sunday, March 3, 2013

Night Stand Inspiration From Scrapbook Paper

This is a typical night stand/bedside table we found




We used scrapbook paper for inspiration.



First we lightly sanded the whole table, spray primed it, and then spray painted it with white flat paint.

We painted the drawer edge and bottom piece black with acrylic black paint and the inside back of the backing with black spray paint because the paper wasn't wide enough to cover the whole thing.
The paper was decoupaged to the inside back of the table.



We (meaning my sister)took a part of the design and painted it on the drawer front to work with the knob I found in my collection.  It had a perfect matching design on the knob.

Then she blew up the paper and traced and painted the bigger design on top.  If you are artistically challenged like I am, you could cut it out after blowing it up and decoupage it on.

PAPER                                              HAND PAINTING



                              

After the table was done it was scuffed up (while my sister looked the other way) and finished off with a clear wax.

I added a cut piece of gift bag  I found at the Dollar Store to the inside of the drawer because it matched so well.


Here it is finished!

 BEFORE                                                               AFTER

                                                                                                            


 
                     If you are really aware you may notice I used a different piece of scrapbook paper in the end because I tore the other one when I was decoupaging it on. Uugg!

                                                        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking time to view our blog! We are open to and would love to hear any comments or suggestions you may have for us so please share!